Terms and Conditions
Please click here to download Terms and Conditions.
1. THE AGREEMENT
2. CHANGING THE AGREEMENT
- Unless expressly stated in the agreement, you cannot make any changes to the agreement without our
- We may change the agreement by: complying with the Telecommunications Legislation and, in those
circumstances set out in the agreement only. Moose Mobile reserves the right to change your plan if
Moose Mobile deems it will be beneficial to you.
3. APPLICATION FOR SERVICE
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may collect, use and disclose personal information about you for purposes related. - You may opt
out of receiving communications not related to your account or legally required by contacting customer
service, to supplying information to credit reporting enquiries, credit providers and related and
unrelated third parties, but only for the purposes set out above. We may be required or permitted by
law to collect, use or disclose your personal information from or to organizations such as the operator of
the Integrated Public Number Database, emergency services organizations and law enforcement
agencies. Subject to applicable law, you may access your personal information by contacting us.
- For information regarding the collection, use, disclosure, security, access and correction of your personal
www.moosemobile.com.au/privacy-policy/ or by contacting customer service on (07) 3193 9400.
5. THE SERVICE
- Connecting the Service: It is your obligation as a customer of Moose Mobile to take reasonable steps to
co-operate with us to allow us to establish and supply the service to you safely and sufficiently.
- Quality of Service: We will provide the service to with due care and skill. If there are any unexpected
faults we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the service is returned to you as soon as practicably
- Call Barring: This is not a guaranteed service. This a service that may be put in place at the discretion of
Moose Mobile if it believes it should be applied or a request with 15 days’ notice has been received by
you. If your service exceeds the bar you will be liable for all costs involved in the usage of your service.
- Reporting Service: If your service suddenly becomes unavailable this may be a result of many possible
causes. Please contact customer service for assistance.
6. THE PHONE & EQUIPMENT
- The phone and related accessories are purchased by you from Moose Mobile subject to the agreement.
- You are responsible for any lost stolen or damaged equipment except if caused by the Moose Mobile
- You are responsible for any outstanding payments you owe on equipment you have purchased. This
includes equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged except of caused by the Moose Mobile personnel.
- Moose Mobile provides a 12-month warranty on the phones it provides with its service. If the phone
experiences warranty faults you must send it back to Moose Mobile at your own expense and we will
undertake the repair process. Moose Mobile provides no guarantee that the fault you experience will
be covered by the phone manufacturer in their warranty. Any repair process is subject to their
discretion. Please be aware that the warranty is not covered in case of physical or liquid damage
- If your SIM is lost or stolen you will incur a $25 SIM replacement charge
The Moose Mobile billing cycle is either a calendar
month cycle or an anniversary cycle.
8. FEES AND CHARGES
- Any applicable fees and charges will be placed onto your account to be paid per the billing cycle (7(a)
above) per month.
9. CANCELLING THE SERVICE
- You may cancel the service at any time by:
- i. giving us 30 days’ notice (please note that you are required to give us this notice if you do not
wish to continue to use the service after the end of the minimum term of a fixed-length
agreement, otherwise we will continue to supply the service to you (see section 1).
- ii. giving us notice, if:
- 1. we breach a material term of the agreement and we cannot remedy that breach, including
where there are prolonged or repeated interruptions to your access to or use of, the service
and the loss was not as a result of circumstances reasonably attributable to you or
equipment that we are not responsible for, such as equipment that is owned by you or is
not provided by us for you to use in connection with the service;
- 2. we breach a material term of the agreement and we can remedy that breach, but we do not remedy that breach within 30 days after you give us notice requiring us to do so; or
- 3. Any intervening event prevents the supply of the service in accordance with the agreement for more than 14 days.
- If you acquire the service from us through a sales method regulated by door-to-door sales and/or
outbound telemarketing legislation in your state or territory, you may cancel the service before the end
of the cooling-off period set out in the relevant legislation.
- If the agreement is a fixed-length agreement, you may also cancel the service in accordance with section
- Cancellation Cost: If your cancel the agreement before the minimum term you are liable to pay the
minimum monthly access fee for your remaining months, any fees or charges attached to your account
and any other fees or charges you have incurred by using the service.
- You can cancel your service by calling customer service; this will constitute a notice to cancel the service.
You may also cancel the service by electing to transfer your number to another service provider thus
automatically terminating your service and incurring the cancellation cost.
10. SUSPENDING THE SERVICE
- Moose Mobile reserves the right to suspend the service at any time in the event of emergency, when
there are repairs being conducted on the network, planned outages and system upgrades. Moose
Mobile also reserves the right to suspend the service for non-payment of bill where we reasonably
consider you to be a credit risk. We will also suspend the service on suspicion of fraud by a contracting
- Moose Mobile will take all reasonable steps to notify you of a suspension before it is undertaken. In
some circumstances this will not be possible.
- Your liability: you are liable to us for any breach (essential, non-essential) of the agreement that causes
foreseeable substantial loss to us. You are not liable to us for any consequential loss we sustain or for
any costs, expenses, loss or charges that we incur which is not a direct result of an action you have done.
- Our liability: Moose Mobile has rights and obligations to its customers under the laws of Australia that
bind us including: Telecommunications legislation, The Fair Trading Act 1989, and other applicable laws,
regulations and codes. We are liable for any damage to your property, substantial interruptions to the
use of your service and deal or personal injury caused by our staff due to their negligence or fraud. We
are not liable for any consequential losses you suffer or for any costs, expenses, loss or charges that you
incur. None of the covenants in this agreement can affect the rights and obligations we owe under the
12. INTERNATIONAL ROAMING
- If you are traveling overseas and would like to use your phone you will need to set up International
Roaming. Call us on (07) 3193 9400 for information or visit www.moosemobile.com.au/roaming-rates/
for more details.
- Requirements: The following is required to establish the international roaming service:
- i. One month’s notice.
- ii. A $200 International Roaming Bond. This bond will have to remain in place for a minimum of
three months after the international roaming service has been used. This is because billing data
can take up to three months to be received from overseas providers.
- iii. A direct debit via Credit Card.
- Note: charges are incurred for calls received and made whilst roaming (i.e. whilst overseas).
International Roaming calls are not subject to GST. International Roaming calls are determined by
overseas carrier in the country you are in, plus standard Network & Service Provider surcharges.
13. MOOSE MOBILE FAIR USE POLICY